Volunteer Sign-up for Docks Out 2020
Time & Location
Outlined below are the various ways you can volunteer. We are asking that you check off which of these jobs you would be willing to do on the day. The dock chair will take the information collected and assign you to a specific role so that you will be aware in advance what you will be doing, in what location, and what time your assistance will be required.
The positions available for sign up are:
Tow Boat Driver:
- Operates the boat towing the docks to the designated area.
Tow Boat Assist:
- Receive and hands off towing lines. PFD required.
Dock Line Holders:
- Secure the docks to the wall while they are being dissassembled.
Dock Tow Rigger:
- Attach tow lines on all fingers of dock and outriggers for sections of dock without fingers.
- Remove Chain/Rope from wall then pin and rod from the dock joints. PFD required.
Stacking Area Lead Hand:
- Oversees operations and acts as signal person for the crane operator
- Receives docks from tow boat and align for attachment of the lifting clamps
Dock Lift Rigger:
- Attaches lifting clamps and guidelines to docks in preparation for lift.
Dock Lift Guider:
- Receives guide lines and walks docks to stacking area
- Receive and stack docks as directed by lead hand.
- Water the troops :)
- Hammer, sledge hammer, adjustable wrench, vice grips, bolt cutter, knee pads for dock disassembles, sturdy boots, work glove and spare pair, PFD required if working by the water, hard hat required if working in the crane area.
A safety officer will be appointed to each area. Spares will be assigned for each area to be rotated in as needed
If you're not able to volunteer, but would like to contribute in some way, perhaps you would like to make a monetary donation of $5, $10 or more to help pay for coffee and treats for the volunteer crew that day.
eTransfer your donation to email@example.com and be sure to reference Docks-In Crew Donation" in the message.