Volunteer Sign-up for "Docks In" April 17th, 2021
Time & Location
Outlined below are the various ways you can volunteer. We are asking that you check off which of these jobs you would be willing to do on the day. The dock chair will take the information collected and assign you to a specific role so that you will be aware in advance what you will be doing, in what location, and what time your assistance will be required.
The positions available for sign up are:
- Is the Lead Hand in the dock launch area
- Will work with the crane operator and must have knowledge of hand signals to work in conjunction with the crane operator
- Oversees safety in the area. Hard hat required.
- Works attaching the lifting jaws to the docks ready for the crane to lift. Hard hat required.
LEAD DOCKS FROM CRANE-TO-DOCK:
- Lead the lifted dock to the launch area. Hard hat required.
PREPARE DOCKS FOR TOWING:
- Set line on the docks and hand off to tow boat. Hard hat and PFD required.
TOW BOAT DRIVER:
- Operates the boat towing the docks to the designated area. PFD required.
TOW BOAT ASSIST:
- Receive lines from the prep crew and hand the line to the member in the receiving area. PFD required.
DOCK ASSEMBLY LEAD HAND:
- Is in charge of A or C dock area and oversees safety.
RECEIVING DOCK FROM TOW BOAT:
- Receive the line from the tow boat and guide dock to the dock assemblers. PFD required.
- Align docks and insert rod and secure with pin. PDF required; knee pads recommended.
- Hold dock in place while it is being assembled.
- Secure dock to wall or post. PDF required when by the water.
- Water the troops :)
If you're not able to volunteer, but would like to contribute in some way, perhaps you would like to make a monetary donation of $5, $10 or more to help pay for coffee and treats for the volunteer crew that day.
eTransfer your donation to email@example.com and be sure to reference Docks-In Crew Donation" in the message.
Looking forward to the new boating season and reconnecting with all my boating friends!