Time & Location
All members are welcome and encouraged to participate in this event! Registration required by June 20, 2020 so that your boat and crew can be acknowledged as you sailpast and salute the FLAG.
Tradition dictates that all club members participate in the Sailpast, on their vessel or from shore. Good manners require that a member unable to participate will send his/her regrets to the Commodore.
General plan: (any changes on the day will be advised via VHF radio - channel 68)
- The fleet assembles outside of the piers (east side or west, weather dependent) at 15:00.
- The Commodore’s vessel will then circle to fleet (15:30) and conduct the blessing with a brief speech from the Commodore.
- The Commodore’s vessel will then return to the harbour and moor at the patio in front of the Clubhouse.
- The fleet then parades into the harbour (four boat-lengths apart), hopefully led by one of the first-responders' vessels.
- The parade passes the Commodores vessel where a salute to the Commodore can be conducted.
- Vessels then return to their own dock.
There will be dining on the patio, with two sittings (17:30 and 19:30) – the menu has already been published in the Breeze, see attachment above …… reservations are required. Call 905 934 8325 ext. 22 or email email@example.com