Officer of the Day (OOD) - Second Briefing
Time & Location
What is an Officer of the Day?
In a nutshell, the OOD provides a welcome to visiting boating
members and assistance with daily functioning when there is limited paid staff available.
This person is the ambassador for DYC, the helpful hand, and the connection for resolving
concerns over weekend time frames.
Our OOD program will run Friday nights, Saturdays and Sundays and on, long weekends, we will ask for coverage for holiday Mondays as well. We will need to fill 14 weekends.
The Details - Shifts are:
- Fridays from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. The same shifts apply for holiday Mondays.
- Sign up is available on line. Club members are encouraged to consider their availability and confirm their willingness
- to assist as soon. As possible
Responsibilities may include:
- Open Clubhouse at beginning and close at the end of shift, if necessary
- Assist incoming boats to find dockage
- Manage availability board, obtain guest information, complete related documentation and keep accurate boat count
- Process POS payments (no cash)
- Welcome incoming visitors and provide orientation
- Answer phone and radio calls from incoming boats as to availability
- Take reports of concerns regarding maintenance and/or general questions from membership and direct to appropriate club officer
- Complete two hour training to cover administration, health and safety, and POS system
- Valid radio operator's certificate - Next training date is to be determined. Please let us know if you required your certification or would like to update it so we know what the need is.
- Member in good standing
- Once you have volunteered for a shift, it is your responsibility to find a registered replacement if you are not able to
- make your assigned shift
- Must attend training prior to taking a shift
- Complete all required documentation at the end of each shift
Should you have any questions please contact the Officer of the Day Coordinator at OOD@dalhousieyachtclub.com