The entire fleet of Boaters and Social Members are invited to join Bridge Officers and local dignitaries to participate in this year's blessing of the Fleet and Sailpast. Event details below.
Time & Location
Jun 17, 3:00 p.m.
St. Catharines, 74 Lighthouse Rd, St. Catharines, ON L2N 7P5, Canada
Registration ends Wednesday June 14th
Be the best-dressed vessel!
Read More for event details.
All members are welcome and encouraged to participate in this event! Registration required by Wednesday, June 14th so that your boat and crew can be acknowledged as you sailpast and salute the FLAG.
Tradition dictates that all club members participate in the Sailpast, on their vessel or from shore. Good manners require that a member unable to participate will send his/her regrets to the Commodore.
General plan: (any changes on the day will be advised via VHF radio - channel 68)
- The fleet assembles outside of the piers (east side or west, weather dependent) at 15:00.
- The Commodore’s vessel will then circle to fleet (15:30) and conduct the blessing with a brief speech from the Commodore.
- The Commodore’s vessel will then return to the harbour and moor at the patio in front of the Clubhouse while the fleet waits for the signal to begin the parade.
- The fleet then parades into the harbour (three boat-lengths apart)
- Continue up the west side of the harbour and round marker to port
- Salute flag on Starboard side as you travel down the east side of the channel.
- Continue out of the harbour, wait until the last boat in the fleet joins you out on the lake before returning to your dock.
- Join the camaraderie and festivities on the Sunset Patio.
There will be dining on the patio –click here for the menu... reservations are required. Call 905 934 8325 ext. 22 or email firstname.lastname@example.org